Re: cron not logging

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 10:08:28 EDT

You should be able to clear the file safely with something like ">
/var/adm/cron/log".

You don't normally get anything other than the message when cron is started,
(normally at boot). I have seen error messages when sendmail hasn't been
working, or there have been memory and other problems preventing new
processes being forked. It's not a file I normally pay any attention to,
though.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe

AIX-L Archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l