How post to syslogd?

From: Bill Zhang (aicc_us@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 06:03:51 EDT

Hi everybody,
I configured and distributed a Tivoli logfile adapter
to a Tivoli endpoint(AIX) which is also a log server
of a Cisco PIX firewall. I will use this logfile
adapter to read system log file and send event to
Tivoli TEC server.
Now I'm testing the adapter and classes and rules on
the TEC server. I can't generate enough messages from
the PIX firewall. I'm trying to write a script to post
messages to the syslogd daemon.

My question is "how to post a message to syslogd?".

Thanks in advance!

Bill