SSA problem?

From: dballester@KERNPHARMA.COM
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 12:04:17 EDT

Hi to all:
     Yesterday we've added a new ssa enclosure with 12 HD of 36 Gb each
one. The original structure was two machines connected to one ssa enclosure
with 9Gb,18G and 36Gb mixed disks. Now, has another new machine and the ssa
bucles are connected in special manner that permits the mirroring between
both ssa enclosures and all machines can see all disks ( but every machine
have is own private volumes ). With this architecture we can define the
mirroring by the disk A of ssa 1 to the disk A of the ssa 2. Then if one
disk fails or one ssa enclosure have a power failure, the system is up and
running. The problem: We're making migratepv between ssa 1 disks and is
omonymous ssa 2 disks ( only disk by disk, pp by pp ) and we don't know why
but the transfer rate is 16Mb/MINUTE ¿?. If we make an iostat we can see
that every write in the destination disk seems to generate another write to
all the disk in the same volume group of new ssa enclosure? Any advice?
We're trying to analize it but the advance is very slow. Any help will be
very appreciated.

As always a lot of TIAs