Re: Filesystem

From: Gene Sais (Gsais@CO.PALM-BEACH.FL.US)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 10:25:39 EDT

Not sure where you got your DBA's, but I never heard of having your oracle datafiles, redologs, temp, index, data on 1 huge filesystem. Time to send the DBA packing to:

http://education.oracle.com/web_prod-plq-dad/plsql/show_desc.redirect?redir_type=3&p_org_id=&lang=

Also, a good white paper (one of many) on Oracle Filesystem Layout:

http://www.dbatoolbox.com/WP2001/appsinstall/apps_config_optimal.PDF

hth,
Gene

>>> JNguyen@WM.COM 07/31/02 10:00AM >>>
We have oracle database servers using ESS storage (F20); we setup multiple
filesystems for data files/control files/log files. DBAs recommend to
create one large filesystem for all data files/control files/log files for
less administration. Filesystems span multiple LUNs and LUNs are on
multiple 8-pack (SSA adapter). I am still favor in multiple filesystems.
Please share your thought!

Joseph