ESS Microcode upgrade - Slow performance

From: Ganu Sachin, IBM (Sachin.Ganu@KWA2.SIEMENS.CO.IN)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 23:40:38 EDT

Hi

One of our customers is having IBM ESS E20 connected to RS/6000 SP2 wide
node running Informix running SAP R/3. We have been experiencing increased
backup time by an approx. 1 hour. It has suddenly increased one Monday
morning and still continuing for last few days. We do backup using TSM with
3590E11 drive. There is no database size increase, no errors reported on AIX
or TSM level no change in any settings on AIX , Informix side. We do restore
the database at Disaster recovery site everyday and there is no change in
restoration time. This eliminates database size and data factor. There is no
response problem reported from the user as well as SAP Early Watch report.

The only activity done on previous day to that Monday was ESS Microcode
upgrade. The new Microcode of ESS is EC 1.3.2.49 with OS level of AIX
4.3.2.15. However few more customers are on the same ESS Microcode level and
they have not reported any performance problem.

Has anyone faced such strange problem ?

Regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services (India)