repeated chroot question.

From: justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 13:43:24 EDT

      I know I asked this before I'm just getting back to it, on my "honey
to do list". Anywhoo, I want to setup one of my AIX system so that when
users login they can't go up past there home directory. I want it so as far
as there concerned the root "/" directory is: "/home/username". I have
files in root such as .netrc, .rhosts and I have directories under root
such as "/scripts" which obviously contain the source code to some of my
security scripts and smit menu creations. I want to protect all of this and
I don't want the user to know about anything under root except for there
"/home" directory. Kind of like anonymous ftp, and when someone logs into
an AIX server anonymously they can't see anything but what's in "/home/ftp"
sort of like that but for regular telnet shell logins. I couldn't find how
to do it in RSH, from an earlier suggestion. Is chroot the right way to go?
If so please send me the syntax and how I should set it up I'd appreciate
it. Thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein