Re: modify the odm

From: justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 10:11:13 EDT

Hey Drew,

      Well yesterday when I tested it, I didn't create the separate ODM
test environment/directory. I just modified the live AIX ODM, and it still
pulled the original one out on reboot. I think the original is stored in:
"hd5" as a backup since that's the AIX boot block. I'll look more into that
but as for now just creating a separate environment/directory is the safest
bet with protecting production, and pointing to that directory in the
/.profile would be a good bet for now. Thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein

                      "Drew"
                      <apt@dcs-success. To: <justin.bleistein@sungard.com>
                      com> cc:
                                               Subject: RE: modify the odm
                      07/18/2002 10:06
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      apt

Thanks Justin,

 I appreciate it. What if you copy the testobm into the objrepos
directories
once you testodm is good?
Would that work.

Thanks again for your input.