Re: chvg -t OR larger PP's?

From: justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 16:25:59 EDT

Yeah with the chvg -t option you limit the amount of PV's you can have
total per VG smaller then the default "32". I'll see if I can dig up a
chart someone posted it a few days ago.

--Justin Richard Bleistein

                      TIM MUELLER
                      <MUELLT@JFS.HAMIL To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      TON-CO.ORG> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: chvg -t OR larger PP's?
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      07/17/2002 04:03
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Our current production system has a VG using 8MB PPs. The system to which
we will be upgrading to has larger drives and will require either 16MB PPs
or the use of chvg -t in order to avoid the default limit of 1016 PPs per
PV. I can't see any (dis)advantages to using one method over the other.
Are there any? TIA.

-Tim

Tim Mueller
Hamilton County Dept. of Job & Family Services
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
muellt@jfs.hamilton-co.org