Re: chvg -t OR larger PP's?

From: Bob Booth - UIUC (booth@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 16:16:41 EDT

There are two disadvantages I can see from using the factor:

1. Reduces the number of PV's per VG
2. Does not allow you to import the VG to another machine with an
        lower level OS (one that does not support the function).

The disadvantage to larger PP sizes, is the inability to allocate small 8MB
lv's if you need them, but with disk prices the way they are, is this really
a problem?

2cents.

bob