Re: /usr/local/bin/cdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsuppo rted CD/DVD-Recorder

From: Davies Sue (sdavies@BARKING-DAGENHAM.GOV.UK)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 04:36:47 EDT

http://www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER

This email is confidential to the initial email addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately on +44 (0)20 8592 4500 and delete the message
from all locations in your computer network. You should not copy
this email or use it for any purpose, or disclose its
contents to any person : to do so may be unlawful.

Due to the informal nature of this form of communication
the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (the "Council")
hereby excludes any warranty as to the quality or accuracy
of any information contained in this message and any liability
of any kind for the information contained in it, or for its
transmission, reception, storage or use in any way whatsoever.
As a result in the absence of prior non-email agreement written
or otherwise this email does not legally bind the Council to any
relations or obligations in English or other Jurisdiction law

Hi

I had a similar problem with 2 B50's I've linked to burn_cd_gnu and
mkrr_fs_gnu. I still got the error message when trying to burn the DVD
though, it turned out to be a flag missing from the command line. You need
to include a -L, it's documented in the version 5 documentation library but
not in version 4.

Hope this helps

Sue