Re: SSH problems.

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 13:07:19 EDT

Leonardo,

My systems work the same, and it is because AIX is set to not allow remote
root logins.

When AIX is set this way:

AIX rsh will allow root to run commands remotely but not login remotely.

MIT kerberos rsh will allow root to run commands remotely and login
remotely.

OpenSSH, even with "PermitRootLogin yes", will not allow remote commands or
logins.

Kevin Adams