Re: High system usage

From: Jean-Marc Monnez (monnez.jean-marc@AGORA.MSA.FR)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 05:26:46 EDT

You may confirm the load with 'vmstat 1'. The first column with the processor run
queue must be at a high rate, and certainly the cpu idle is null.
You may search for cpu consumer processes with either AIX 'topas' or the 'monitor'
freeware.
If the 'sar -c 1 100' shows a high rate of fork/exec, then it's possible you have
scripts running that make a lot of external calls.

HTH

-- JMM