Re: Gigabit Ethernet

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 08:19:22 EDT

Steve,

U Da Man! smitty mkinet was exactly what I needed.

Never thought about having to manually create the device.

I guess my next questions would be:

1) Did other Gigabit card users have to manually create the "en" device?

2) I would have thought cfgmgr would have called the proper mkdev command.
Am I missing something in /usr/lib/methods?

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-;&r=1&w=2