Re: Bare Metal Restore

From: Dhotre, Shekhar (Shekhar.Dhotre@T-T.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 14:57:18 EDT

>Solaris ships with driver support
>for a variety of hardware architectures (with the SPARC family), and
>there is usually no problem recovering one Sun machine to another.

Are you saying that

I can restore backup of SunE450 to ultra2 system and spnode`s backup to F30
system ?
When I configured BMR last time ,I was not able to restore E450 system to
ultra2.I still have the CD and I can configure it to test dissimilar
architecture restore, if someone from veritas confirms this.