Adding a bigger disk to a volume group

From: Chuck Lam (chuck_lam@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 15:13:05 EDT

Hi,

Server M80 running AIX 4.3.3

I tried to add a bigger disk(36.4 GBs) to a volume
group of which the PP size currently is 32 MGs.
Because it exceeded the limitation number of 1016 PP,
it failed. In the error message, it advised me to run
'chvg -t' to enlarge the PP size of the volume group.

My question is: Would this 'chvg -t' command destroy
my volume group information, making my volume group
useless? Anyone can help me out? Does the volume
group have to be varyoff beforehand?

Thank you in advance.