Establishing a Default Gateway

From: Karl Jones (kjones@DBS1.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 16:40:39 EDT

I manage an AIX 4.3 system that defaults to the wrong gateway after bootup.
I can use 'route' to change it but each time it reboots, I am off again. I
have checked both /etc/rc.net and /etc/rc.bsdnet to see if it is being set
there but it is not. I can certainly add the command into /etc/rc.net but
it seems like I am still missing something, especially given that I am not
sure if I should use "route add 0 XX.XX.XX.XX" or "route change 0
XX.XX.XX.XX" at that stage in the process.

Suggestions?