Re: swap question

From: Dave.Zarnoch@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 14:52:36 EDT

Thanks!

It's what I thought....

Must be an application thing

Here's the actual stats:

Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto
Type
hd6 hdisk0 rootvg 4096MB 33 yes
yes lv
paging00 hdisk2 vg00 4096MB 33 yes yes
lv

Thanks again!

DaveZ

                      Bruce Harvey
                      <BruceH@ROUTESCAP To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      E.COM> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: swap question
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      07/01/2002 02:38
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

If they are not otherwise referenced ... to the best of my knowledge ...
yes. It doesn't often happen that a sizeable chunk of paging space is
occupied by _large_ rarely-if-ever-referred-to processes, but it can. You
_could_ increase the paging size and therefore reduce the percentage (;-),
but you might just ask the software makers of your major programs to see if
this is a behavior they've seen. It is possible that something else is
going on, but I've seen this behavior from a couple of apps.