Re: Exceed Desktop !!! Help Please !!!!

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 10:59:03 EDT

I use Exceed 7.0, (worth upgrading to 7.x if you haven't already), but not
CDE; I just connect to a dtterm, which appears on my normal Windows desktop
like anything else. Any other X applications I open - typically more
dtterms, or Perspectives - also appear as individual windows on the PC
desktop.

Exceed is running as part of Windows, so your AIX Desktop isn't really a
desktop in the same sense as the Windows desktop; it's just an application
running on the Windows desktop and if it's sized to take up the full screen
then you won't be able to see anything underneath it.

You could simply re-size it: there's nothing that says you have to have it
maximised.

Having said all that, you might experiment with the Window Manager options
under Screen Definition in the Exceed config.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe