Re: Activate en1 without rebooting?

From: Saxon, Lamar (Lamar.Saxon@AMERICREDIT.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 17:58:40 EDT

Well, that is not the full ifconfig line.

Should be:

ifconfig en1 <hostname or IP address> netmask <netmask> up

Netmask is given because if you don't provide it, it will derive it. I.e.;
if you address is class A your netmask will be derived as 255.0.0.0. Can't
go wrong by adding it.

Also, you might find the

smitty chinet

screen more to your liking. Don't reboot. Not required.

If you need to recover routes, do a:

mkdev -l inet0

You will find all of this documented in the archives also.

Lamar