SSA fastwrite cache quirkiness

From: Miller, Dave (Dave.Miller@BHS.ORG)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 21:39:11 EDT

I moved some disks fthat had fwcache enabled from a fw-enabled adapter, to
one that was not fast-write capable.
(I needed disks - they were not in a VG). Now, the new raid-5 array is
comprised of 4 of them, but
SSA health checks complain with SRN 48500 -and that the loop may be
degraded.
I know it is because I have two adapters in loop, and am not supposed to
have fastwrite enabled, however
when I use SMITTY SSAFASTW I see this
 # Fast-Write is Offline for these devices
 cache_0040AA24C7E800D Dormant Fast Write Cache entry

for each disk, and get this If I try to 'turn it off again'.
ssadel: Failed to configure component
cache_0040AA24C7E800D changed
....the change is not occuring, or at least not removing the entry

 I know I should have 'turned it off'
before moving the disks, but Is there a way to correct it now,
without having to move them back?
thanks.