Re: RAID 10

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 07:27:05 EDT

I'm not really familiar with the hardware raid features, but I'm fairly sure
it's restricted to a single adapter. (So you *can* use both A and B loops
from a single adapter.) I think it's possible to use loops that include two
adapters, but that might give you problems with fast-write cache. (It might
not, but you'd need to check it.) I'd recommend taking a look at the LVM
and SSA Redbooks. Also check here:
http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/products/ssa/docs/index.html
The Advanced Serial RAID Planning Guide looks promising.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe