Re: tty usage

From: Jolet, John (John.Jolet@MISYSHEALTHCARE.COM)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 17:30:18 EDT

okay, after much exhaustive research.....here's where I am....someone please
tell me if i'm going astray here....what happens if stty-cxma says CD is
asserted, but there's a getty running on that port? These ports are all
LOGIN=enable. I'm thinking that that port is not going to be usable....
I did find one modem that mon-cxma said was cd asserted and RD was lit, but
the modem didn't have those lights lit....I haven't checked the others.
I've got 86 modems that show CD asserted with stty-cxma, but only 30 or so
are doing anything.